Cricut Cake $149 At Michael's Starting 10/17/10

Decorating By thin4life Updated 17 Oct 2010 , 5:26am by alleykat1

thin4life Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thin4life Posted 16 Oct 2010 , 11:38pm
post #1 of 14

And all the accessories will be half off.

13 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 16 Oct 2010 , 11:45pm
post #2 of 14

Doesn't that tell you that these things aren't selling?

sweetooth0510 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetooth0510 Posted 16 Oct 2010 , 11:50pm
post #3 of 14

Those puppies retail for $799 here in New Zealand, I so don't get why we have such a huge markup on everything here!!!

cakesbycathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycathy Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 12:08am
post #4 of 14

They are still full price at Pat Catan's.

I thought I read somewhere that Martha Stewart was introducing her own version of the cricut and since they carry all her scrapbooking stuff maybe they are only going to sell her cricut, too.

cakesbycathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycathy Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 12:09am
post #5 of 14

Makes me wonder what kind of Black Friday special they are going to have on them...

raquel1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
raquel1 Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 12:11am
post #6 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s

Doesn't that tell you that these things aren't selling?

Ditto!

crism5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crism5 Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 12:25am
post #7 of 14

Right now Where I live they are on sale at Micheals for 199$ UNTIL October 17 so does that mean after that they will go down to 150$? Are they worth it? Ive tried to prioritize big purchases for my cakes and don't know where or if to put this on the list.

rosa1110 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosa1110 Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 12:30am
post #8 of 14

i want one so bad. i really would like to know if it's going to be on sale tomorrow over here in mass. my husband is going to get it for me as my anniversary gift. thumbs_up.gif can't wait....

MariaK38 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaK38 Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 12:42am
post #9 of 14

I wonder if they had so many people return them because of the high level of frustration that they're scrambling trying to get rid of the excess.

Tug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tug Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 12:58am
post #10 of 14

All their accessories were 50% off 2 weeks ago. The cashier told me Michaels is discontinuing the enitre cricut cake line. Amazing since they just started stocking them a few months ago.

cutiepiecupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutiepiecupcake Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 4:51am
post #11 of 14

I tried my Cricut for the first time this morning using Sugarveil (first time also).. AMAZING.. I managed to wing it first time round. I'm VERY much the beginner and I went in not expecting too much of myself or the machine.. but wow, I was so pleasantly surprised. I have to say I'm a bit of a geek when it comes to technology and I certainly wasn't afraid of experimenting with the machine. I really look forward to trying out different fondants and maybe using the *whispers* online software available (mtc).
I have just noticed also that they have created a Cricut Fondant Press machine.. wider than your regular retail pasta maker that most used.. so I don't think that they are making plans to discontinue the model.

jenscreativity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenscreativity Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 5:06am
post #12 of 14

There is a subject about cricut on here. A LOT of bad reviews!!! Pro cake decorators stated they wanted it sooo badly and ended up letting it collect dust instead. A lot of bad reviews. Just putting it out there. This subject is in the forum somewhere where there is a lot of replies!

I was going to ask my hubby for it for x-mas,,but after so much reading on here, I'd rather save his money. There a some good reviews..but MOSTLY,,not and how the money spent is not worth it.

Sorry if this offends anyone,,but I'm just saving you money and passing the word.

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 5:13am
post #13 of 14

Everything cricut tonight was 50% off but not a cricut machine anywhere at Michaels

alleykat1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alleykat1 Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 5:26am
post #14 of 14

cutiepiecupcake where did you see the fondant press?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%