First Time Making Mmf And Made A Big Boo Boo

Baking By vickistark Updated 17 Oct 2010 , 7:18pm by Renaejrk

vickistark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickistark Posted 16 Oct 2010 , 10:07am
post #1 of 5

I thought I was suppose to use 1 bag of marshmallows. The one bag I had was 10.5 oz instead of the 16oz the recipe called for. Now that I have mixed up this recipe of dry, crumbling, gravel can I go back and add the rest of the marshmallows to make it useable or is it just a lost cause at this point?

4 replies
vickistark Posted 16 Oct 2010 , 10:50am
post #2 of 5

ok so I wasn't willing to give up without a fight and got back in the kitchen. I melted the other bag of marshmallows and added a little water, corn syrup, and gum tex (since what I wanted it for to start with was to practice flowers). Then I heated up the dry dough to make it easier to work with. I crumbled the dry dough mix into the marshmallows and turned the kitchenaide on and bam. I may have it a little sticky now but it mixed together without lumps and I have now what I presume is "salvagable" gumpaste at this point. Perhaps tomorrow when I begin to work with it I can add more powdered sugar and knead it in to stiffen it back up some. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. This is only an experiment in gumpaste flowers at this point.

Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 12:23am
post #3 of 5

Great job and quick thinking! I don't use mmf, just mff, so not familiar with all of that recipe. So are you planning on adding tylose to make it work for flowers?

vickistark Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 5:42am
post #4 of 5

well I thought the gum tex would harden it. am I wrong?

Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 7:18pm
post #5 of 5

Sorry, I didn't even notice you had listed that as an ingredient you put in! Yeah, that should work icon_smile.gif - I just wasn't paying attention icon_razz.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%