Help

Decorating By learningtodecorate Updated 15 Oct 2010 , 7:52pm by jamiekwebb

learningtodecorate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
learningtodecorate Posted 15 Oct 2010 , 6:26pm
post #1 of 7

I hope someone out there can help I need a filling that will go well with a vanilla cake, it's for a surprise bridal shower. The person thats given it left everything up to me, flavors and all. My problem is I cant think of a flavor that every one would like. The cake is going to be two tiers top teir is going to be chocolate with cherry or strawberry filling, second tied is going to be a vanilla cake , and the filling will be ??????????????? Please help fill in the question mark. Thank-You in advance

6 replies
SugarSugarDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarSugarDesserts Posted 15 Oct 2010 , 6:34pm
post #2 of 7

If you are really worried about everyone liking the flavor than just use vanilla buttercream. Otherwise there are of course a million options. Strawberry and chocolate (ganache) both go over very well. Lemon sounds good as well as carmel icing.

learningtodecorate Posted 15 Oct 2010 , 6:44pm
post #3 of 7

I'm going to do a thin layer of buttercream cover in fondant, I just need a filling for the vanilla cake.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 15 Oct 2010 , 6:49pm
post #4 of 7

i agree, if you're worried about everyone liking it then just go with the buttercream for filling.

But jsut about anything goes with vanilla (can't really think of anything that doesn't)

Raspberry
Cherry
Strawberry
Lemon
Blueberry
Chocolate
pineapple
peach
bavarian cream
chocolate cream
oreo
butterscotch
caramel
Ganache
banana cream
chocoalte chip
expresso
keylime
orange
mint chocolate
white chocolate

really the sky is the limit, with vanilla cake i look at it as a white canvas waiting to be painted. You just can't go wrong.

TrixieTreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TrixieTreats Posted 15 Oct 2010 , 7:12pm
post #5 of 7

I would make the chocolate tier with cherry filling and do the vanilla tier with strawberry or strawberry buttercream. Strawberry is always a crowd pleaser without fail.

learningtodecorate Posted 15 Oct 2010 , 7:26pm
post #6 of 7

Thank-You everyone

jamiekwebb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamiekwebb Posted 15 Oct 2010 , 7:52pm
post #7 of 7

How about something like a custard or maybe lemon.....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%