Worst Cake Day Ever!!!!!

Decorating By andreamen1 Updated 15 Oct 2010 , 7:26am by andreamen1

andreamen1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andreamen1 Posted 15 Oct 2010 , 5:09am
post #1 of 8

OMG! i have never had a day like this before i have five order for sat and not one is done im baking right now and for some reason almost every other cake i bake is crap as soon as i turn it out of the pan it cracks i lets it sit for like 10-15 min im going to be up for 48hours right about now DR Pepper is my best friend.

7 replies
tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 15 Oct 2010 , 5:49am
post #2 of 8

okay..dont panic, Are you using the push down method for the cakes? You should. even if you are planing on using a leveler. The dome of the cakes can cause them to crack down the middle when you turn them out.

Also.. why are you letting them sit in the pan for 10-15 minutes? In my personal experience I take the cakes out of the oven, do press down method then turn them out onto cake boards (or what ever you are using) all within maybe 4-5 minutes from the time they leave the oven.

I hope all goes well for you. I sympathizing with you. and wishing you the best of baking. sending DR. P and huggs. thumbs_up.gif

JessDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JessDesserts Posted 15 Oct 2010 , 5:50am
post #3 of 8

i'm so sorry to hear you're having such a rough time.

Maybe you need to take a little break. I know that you have a deadline, but, sometimes you need to remove yourself from the situation and........ breathe.

I wish I could offer something more useful.

You WILL get through it. Your cakes WILL be fabulous and you WILL be laughing about how you stressed over this by Sunday.

GL

jess

mom2twogrlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2twogrlz Posted 15 Oct 2010 , 5:54am
post #4 of 8

I have those days too. Just walk away for a little bit and come back strong.

This too shall pass.

HUGS!!!!!

cathyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyscakes Posted 15 Oct 2010 , 5:57am
post #5 of 8

I definitely press down any hump, or cut it off before turning the cake out. Any dome could cause it to crack if the cake is still warm, its kind of fragile at that stage.

andreamen1 Posted 15 Oct 2010 , 6:15am
post #6 of 8

WOW thanks Everyone i know im taking a lil break eating and taking Shots of DR P.

I am using the push down method I tried both ways right out of the oven and also waiting a lil bit i think it because its white cake i dunno but i switched to yellow and its working way better!

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 15 Oct 2010 , 7:07am
post #7 of 8

oh wow! that's lots of orders!!! good luck...if you just take a deep breathe i am sure everything will be fine. Is there anyone you can recruit to help with cleaning, baking, etc? Lately i have had some good friends of mine allow their teenage daughters to help me with my stuff and they learn a lot in the process icon_smile.gif just a thought icon_rolleyes.gif

andreamen1 Posted 15 Oct 2010 , 7:26am
post #8 of 8

I have 4 sisters ages 13-18 unfortunately they all have school so it's just me on my own I took extra orders to have a little extra money to take my hubby out for our anniversary.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%