Air Brush Colors

Decorating By ymmat77 Updated 16 Oct 2010 , 4:08am by leafO

ymmat77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ymmat77 Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 7:31pm
post #1 of 8

Looking for opinions on what brand of air brush colors to buy. Just purchased badger air brush set..... AND I am looking for a shimmer color that doesn't "yellow" the cake. I was using pearl from the can and it makes the cakes turn ivory. Thoughts?

7 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 15 Oct 2010 , 1:17pm
post #2 of 8

Americolor Pearl Sheen and Lucks are good..I have never had the yellowing problem...Even from the PME canned pearl spray....Interesting....

ymmat77 Posted 15 Oct 2010 , 5:16pm
post #3 of 8

It doesn't really "yellow" it just makes my super white fondant cakes more pearlish, as it should, since it's pearl spray. I am looking for something that just makes it shiny and not pearl I guess.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 15 Oct 2010 , 6:30pm
post #4 of 8

Ahh..Then what you are looking for is Edible clear food lacquer..You can buy it at most restaraunt supply shops.It is expensive though at about $35.00 a can.Americolor and others that make the gel pastes etc don't make the food lacquer.

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 15 Oct 2010 , 10:48pm
post #5 of 8

I saw on one of Duffs videos that he spray this cake at the end with vodka to make it shine.

ymmat77 Posted 16 Oct 2010 , 3:17am
post #6 of 8

I guess I am not making myself very clear. I want a shimmer, but I don't want it to be pearlized like "pearls" which are more ivory. I want pure white shimmer not shine. It could just be the brand of spray I was using????

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 16 Oct 2010 , 3:30am
post #7 of 8

whats the difference between shimmer and shine?

leafO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leafO Posted 16 Oct 2010 , 4:08am
post #8 of 8

white Luster dust or maybe disco or sparkle dust might be what you're wanting?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%