Business Name

Business By Alycat613 Updated 15 Oct 2010 , 1:40am by Unlimited

Alycat613 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alycat613 Posted 13 Oct 2010 , 5:38pm
post #1 of 8

So I am pretty new at all of this, and I am not a legal business or anything, but I want to start with a name. I am not out selling my cakes, I just enjoying making them for friends and family, and it also gives me experience for a job or a possible business later in life. I really want a name so when people ask me I can tell them something. You know, something that gets your name out there now so it can be an amazing business later!! But I don't know where to start. A friend of mine suggested The Pastry Princess, but I don't think "pastry" fits me. I make cakes, cupcakes, and sometimes cookies. I think of pastries as pies and stuff like that, not cakes. So anyways, I don't know what to do or where to start. I consider myself a princess, my favorite color is pink, I am happily married (most of the time at least...LOL), I am a SAHM of 2 beautiful little girls, I am a taxi driver to get them to soccer, baseball, gymnastics, and dance class, and I homeschool my girls as well.....ok, that's about it for me I think!! Any ideas or suggestions??

7 replies
letsgetcaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
letsgetcaking Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 1:56am
post #2 of 8

Princesa Cakes? It sounds more sophisticated than Pink Princess. That's all I've got. icon_biggrin.gif

Alycat613 Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 2:51am
post #3 of 8

I kind like that!!! My mom suggested "The Busy Baker".....any thoughts on that?

letsgetcaking Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 3:03am
post #4 of 8

It does convey what you are...definitely busy! I don't think it's very catchy, though. (But, I'm no business naming professional.) I really like names that bring an image to the mind or evoke some kind of emotion. Playing off your mom's idea, maybe Busy Bee Bakery?

VickeyC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VickeyC Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 3:25am
post #5 of 8

What about Alycats Cakes? Then have an alley cat holding a cake. icon_razz.gif

Alycat613 Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 3:40am
post #6 of 8

I like both the Busy Bee Bakery and also Alycats Cakes!!! Jeez, now I'm stuck!! LOL. My husband suggested ASK the Baker (A for my name, S for my youngest daughter's name, and K for my oldest daughter's name)...don't know how I feel about that though.....hmmm, I am totally stumped now!

letsgetcaking Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 6:00pm
post #7 of 8

Good luck with your decision! I think you have a lot of good ideas here and you might even get some more.

Unlimited Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Unlimited Posted 15 Oct 2010 , 1:40am
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat613

My husband suggested ASK the Baker (A for my name, S for my youngest daughter's name, and K for my oldest daughter's name)

Cute, but what if you have more children in the future?
Maybe you could go the ABC route... Aly Bakes Cakes & Cookies??

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%