Freezing/ Storing Decorated Cookies- Holiday Help!

Baking By johnson6ofus Updated 22 Oct 2010 , 4:13am by johnson6ofus

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 10:08pm
post #1 of 4

Help, please! How much success have you had with baking ahead cookies (basically NFSC)? How do you store/ freeze and for how long? How best to thaw to serve or give away (sweating/ running issues?)?

Naked- undecorated?
Glazed?
Fondant covered?
Royal iced?

I need to get a jump on this and NOT be crazy (well, OK, not crazier than I am...lol) But I want them good....fresh tasting, etc.

3 replies
mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 10:18pm
post #2 of 4

freeze freeze freeze.. I have frozen cookies decorated and undecorated. I can't say that I remember freezing fondant covered ones though. I would think they would still work though.. just let them come to room temp and absorb. I might try a test run on that though. My naked and royal cookies get frozen and then I just pull them out, lay flat to defrost, and off I go. I have frozen for up to 4 months without problems...

tweeter_bug98 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tweeter_bug98 Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 10:45pm
post #3 of 4

I have had good luck freezing both naked and iced (royal icing) cookies. I personally would freeze them no longer than two months, so they keep their fresh taste. After a couple of months I find they get kind of a weird taste to them.

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 4:13am
post #4 of 4

OK... so I guess I need to clean out the freezer, huh? icon_biggrin.gif

I just wanted to be sure I didn't miss some major detail like buttercream UNDER the fondant...lol.

And future suggestions also readily accepted! Thanks folks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%