How Do I Make A Bucket Out Of Fondant?

Decorating By Rockinrattie Updated 12 Oct 2010 , 2:50pm by jones5cm

Rockinrattie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rockinrattie Posted 11 Oct 2010 , 7:20pm
post #1 of 10

I need to make a bucket (barbie doll sized) out of fondant? Anyone have ideas? Would a shot glass work? Help... icon_cry.gif

Kathy

9 replies
tcwheeler Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcwheeler Posted 11 Oct 2010 , 7:41pm
post #2 of 10

I think that I would take a piece of fondant, shape into a "log" the height and width that I needed for my bucket and then scoop out the inside and shape; draw the handle on the side of the bucket. Another option would be to roll out your fondant, cut a circle for the bottom of the bucket then a piece the height of the bucket and long enough wrap around the circle and glue the "bottom" to it. Since it's so small, think the other way would be easier. Can groove the bucket with a tool too.

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 11 Oct 2010 , 7:54pm
post #3 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcwheeler

I think that I would take a piece of fondant, shape into a "log" the height and width that I needed for my bucket and then scoop out the inside and shape; draw the handle on the side of the bucket. Another option would be to roll out your fondant, cut a circle for the bottom of the bucket then a piece the height of the bucket and long enough wrap around the circle and glue the "bottom" to it. Since it's so small, think the other way would be easier. Can groove the bucket with a tool too.

I've tried both ways of doing a bucket and still I wasn't successful. I will be keeping an eye on this thread! icon_biggrin.gif

MissBlu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissBlu Posted 11 Oct 2010 , 10:22pm
post #4 of 10

try molding it on a thimble.

letsgetcaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
letsgetcaking Posted 11 Oct 2010 , 10:35pm
post #5 of 10

I love the thimble idea! Perfect size.

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 11 Oct 2010 , 10:42pm
post #6 of 10

Or mold it around a shaped clump of Rice Krispies Treats.

MissBlu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissBlu Posted 11 Oct 2010 , 11:55pm
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgetcaking

I love the thimble idea! Perfect size.

Thanks!

sholtzclaw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sholtzclaw Posted 11 Oct 2010 , 11:56pm
post #8 of 10

Take a small amount of fondant and mold it around the head of a pencil eraser then gently slide it off. It should be the size of Barbie doll accessories..

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 2:25pm
post #9 of 10

Wow! great ideas. Can't wait to try them. Thanks from me too!!! icon_smile.gif

jones5cm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jones5cm Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 2:50pm
post #10 of 10

I made one by shaping fondant (with Tylose for stability) around a pill bottle. It really depends on how big you want your bucket (5 gal or small pail) as to what you use for shaping. I also attached a round disc of fondant on the bottom to complete it. HTH! I'll upload a pic to my photos so you can see what I mean.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%