How Would I Cut Out A Logo With Multiple Colors F/ Fondant

Decorating By rdtmom Updated 11 Oct 2010 , 12:44am by KristyCakes

rdtmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rdtmom Posted 10 Oct 2010 , 11:27pm
post #1 of 3

I have just started working with fondant and was wondering how you would do a transfer onto fondant to be able to do logos and such. I have done several pattern transfers out of buttercream, but do not have the slightest idea how to start on fondant. I want to make the University of Missouri Tiger for a friends birthday. Do you stack the fondant to give it a 3d look? Any help you can give would be great.

2 replies
Maria925 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maria925 Posted 10 Oct 2010 , 11:41pm
post #2 of 3

I just made exactly this type of piece for an FSU logo (check my pics and it's the 2nd cake). What I did is print the logo onto heavy cardstock. Then I cut it into sections by piece and color...example: the black hair, the white face, etc. and layed the pieces over my fondant and traced around it with an exacto knife. I made a large circle for the back piece and then used edible glue to glue the pieces back on. Some of the really small pieces (like the war paint, etc) I just freehanded and then for the letters, I used an edible marker. It was very difficult to "put the pieces" back together because there were so many nooks & crannies, but the final product was definitely worth it.

KristyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KristyCakes Posted 11 Oct 2010 , 12:44am
post #3 of 3

I use the method similar to Maria925, but I enlarge the image to the size I need on my laptop and then lightly trace it on a piece of paper or parchment... Works great.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%