Don't Have The Right Size Pan

Decorating By sweetheart6710 Updated 10 Oct 2010 , 10:21pm by CWR41

sweetheart6710 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetheart6710 Posted 10 Oct 2010 , 9:17pm
post #1 of 3

I have a friend who wants a large sheet cake for her sons 5th birthday. The only sheet cake pan I have is about 11x9 (I think), and she wants it a little bit larger. I'm doing it as a gift, and not charging anything at all.. but I'm not sure I want to spend my own money to buy another pan, just to accommodate the size she wants (if she was paying, different story). And of course I'm sure having the pan in the long run might be nice, but for now, I'd rather hold off. Is there a way to make 2 cakes the size of the pans that I have and just sit them next to each other and frost it as 1? I just worry about the cake board bending and having the frosting break apart at the seam... (if that makes sense). I know I have seen Cake Boss stack cake before to make 1 large cake, but is there a trick to it? TIA

2 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 10 Oct 2010 , 9:23pm
post #2 of 3

How about stacking them? You'd have taller slices and it might be easier for you.

But yes, a sturdy board will prevent the cakes from cracking at the seam

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 10 Oct 2010 , 10:21pm
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetheart6710

I have a friend who wants a large sheet cake for her sons 5th birthday. The only sheet cake pan I have is about 11x9 (I think), and she wants it a little bit larger.

I'd first ask how many servings she needs.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%