It Feels Like I Lost A Friend When I Completed The Cake

Lounge By SweetsbyLadawn Updated 12 Oct 2010 , 6:21am by Bluehue

SweetsbyLadawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetsbyLadawn Posted 10 Oct 2010 , 4:27am
post #1 of 6

I am so sad that the cake that I have to deliver tomrw is completed. I keep looking at it, thinking about what I can add to it to keep "our relationship" going.

Tomrw when I drop it off at the reception site I will "mourn a loss"...

Do you ever feel that way? icon_cry.gificon_sad.gif

I will get to know another "friend" in a couple days...baby shower cake due this week.

5 replies
tootie0809 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootie0809 Posted 10 Oct 2010 , 4:48am
post #2 of 6

I honestly don't feel like that ever. In fact, I'm usually happy to get the cake out of my sight most times. That's just me though. Even when I first started out, I had no problem "parting" with the cake.

JessDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JessDesserts Posted 10 Oct 2010 , 4:57am
post #3 of 6

Think about the joy and smiles it will bring other people, that should make parting with it a bit easier.

Like giving a gift....you purchase something and even though you might want it for yourself, its always so much better to give it to the intended party and bring such happiness to them.

Same concept ( to me)

pinkjacs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkjacs Posted 10 Oct 2010 , 10:07am
post #4 of 6

I love decorating my cakes but once I am done I want it gone because I get SO critical of my work that I want to start changing them!!

Evoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Evoir Posted 10 Oct 2010 , 10:24am
post #5 of 6

Never. As soon as I am finished, I want it gone and out of my sight. I let it linger just long enough to take a photo or two.

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 6:21am
post #6 of 6

Have to agree with the previous posters -
Once that baby is done there is the traditional photo snapping - then i say
NEXTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.

By the time you have done a 2 tier wedding cake and 400+ cupcakes for one order - honestly - you are like *roll on saturday* so i can wave these babies goodbye. icon_wink.gificon_lol.gif

Enjoy the time whilst making each cake, but look forward and think - hmmm, what can i create NEXTTTTTT. thumbs_up.gificon_smile.gif

I don't think Mr Hills who invented the Hills Hoist Clothes Line thought like that - all he thought was - if i sell 1000 of these at @200.00 each - i shall be a rich man....and he has sold millions

Bluehue

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%