Super Enhanced Cake Formula Recipe

Baking By ashleyj Updated 19 Oct 2010 , 11:16pm by feliciangel

ashleyj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ashleyj Posted 9 Oct 2010 , 7:06pm
post #1 of 8

Is anyone out there familiar w/this recipe? I want to try it b/c it sounds delicious but have a question about the 1 cup of melted butter. Does this mean 2 sticks of butter (which equals 1 cup), melted? Hoping someone knows this.
Thank You!

7 replies
AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 10 Oct 2010 , 1:07am
post #2 of 8

Yes. I just posted about it last week. I was wondering if I read that correctly!

Two sticks=1 cup of butter.

AC

ashleyj Posted 11 Oct 2010 , 5:19pm
post #3 of 8

So, are you saying YES that 2 sticks of butter is correct?

neelycharmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neelycharmed Posted 11 Oct 2010 , 5:31pm
post #4 of 8

yes, that's the same thing
What recipe are you talking about? You have me interested. icon_smile.gif
Jodi icon_smile.gif

ashleyj Posted 11 Oct 2010 , 5:52pm
post #5 of 8

It's the super enhanced cake formula recipe and you can do a search on this site and it will come up. The directions call for 1 cup of melted butter but I wasn't sure if that meant 2 sticks of butter, melted or do you melt enough butter to equal 1 cup. Confusing. Kind of like 1 cup of sifted flour or a cup of flour, sifted. LOL!

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 11 Oct 2010 , 6:21pm
post #6 of 8

It does say:
1 cup melted butter

Not,
1 cup of butter, melted

So I think (if the poster of the recipe didn't mess up here) that you melt enough butter to measure exactly 1 cup of liquid.

Hope it comes out OK for you. I haven't made the recipe.

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 11 Oct 2010 , 9:38pm
post #7 of 8

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/1953/super-enhanced-cake-formula

The person who responded to my post the other week said she uses two sticks of butter.

feliciangel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
feliciangel Posted 19 Oct 2010 , 11:16pm
post #8 of 8

I've made this recipe and used 2 sticks of butter then melted, it comes out just fine.

I've used this recipe quite a few times and everyone that has eaten it gives it rave reviews....only thing I do different is lower the temp to 315 and its something I always do with every recipe.

I'm the one that replied to Annie too icon_lol.gif I was trying to see if she ever used this recipe and how it came out icon_smile.gif

I wonder if that is why ppl are mixed on reviews with this recipe. maybe some are using the 2 sticks and some are using the one cup melted icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%