White Chocolate Fondant

Baking By LoveMeSomeCake615 Updated 10 Jul 2012 , 3:37am by sixbittersweets

LoveMeSomeCake615 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoveMeSomeCake615 Posted 9 Oct 2010 , 6:17pm
post #1 of 10

How do you make white chocolate fondant? I have found recipes that call for using actual white chocolate and cocoa butter, and I have also seen ones that say to just add LorAnn white chocolate flavoring. Does adding the actual chocolate make the fondant harder to work with or affect the texture considerably? Does just using the flavoring give it a rich enough white chocolate taste?

9 replies
cherrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cherrycakes Posted 9 Oct 2010 , 10:37pm
post #2 of 10

I make Michele Foster's fondant all the time and always add 6 oz of white chocolate wafers (the best quality that I can find!) before I microwave the mixture. I have found (and read here on CC) that the chocolate makes the fondant very easy to work with - it also tastes delicious!

milkmaid42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milkmaid42 Posted 9 Oct 2010 , 11:44pm
post #3 of 10

Like cherrycakes, I find that the addition of white chocolate to my MFF makes it so much easier to handle and Oh, so very delicious, to boot! Unlike cherrycakes, I cannot afford the true white chocolate so am relegated to using Nestles Premier white chips. While I don't use almond bark or candy melts, I find that the taste with the Nestle's is hardly discernible from real chocolate. (I know, you chocolate purists out there, don't throw cake at me, please?)

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 9 Oct 2010 , 11:57pm
post #4 of 10

I also make MFF and add white chocolate chips (nestle or giradelli)

mommynana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommynana Posted 10 Oct 2010 , 12:01am
post #5 of 10

do u add the white chocolate chips with the marshmellos? and how much?

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 10 Oct 2010 , 12:17am
post #6 of 10

MFF does not have marshmellows in it

LoveMeSomeCake615 Posted 10 Oct 2010 , 1:15am
post #7 of 10

Ahh, ok, so MFF= Michelle Foster's Fondant?
Thanks for the replies everyone! It's good to know the chocolate makes it easier to work with, that was my main concern!

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 10 Oct 2010 , 1:27am
post #8 of 10

I mix some white modeling chocolate in with my fondant and love the outcome. It's not as fragile as plain fondant and doesn't tear as easily - plus it tastes delicious.

LoveMeSomeCake615 Posted 10 Oct 2010 , 6:55pm
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmansmom2004

I mix some white modeling chocolate in with my fondant and love the outcome. It's not as fragile as plain fondant and doesn't tear as easily - plus it tastes delicious.

Sounds great! I'll have to try that.

sixbittersweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sixbittersweets Posted 10 Jul 2012 , 3:37am
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmansmom2004

I'd love to know the ratio if you would share it -- thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%