In Need Of A Shop

Business By neesiegirl Updated 14 Oct 2010 , 6:32am by adventuregal

neesiegirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neesiegirl Posted 9 Oct 2010 , 3:38pm
post #1 of 5

Hello all,

I am currently working out of my home but apparently the city doesn't really care for that. They told me that I would have to build a separate building onto my home with all of the requirements. I don't have that kind of money. I don't know what to do about this. I was thinking about teaming up with one of the few local vendors here in town. But how would that look. "Hey yes I am one of your biggest competitors and I was wondering if I could share your shop with you?" I am lost. I am not bragging or boasting here but I am one of top in my town but now I am looking at this problem going "now what"? Might someone shed some light on this for me please? I don't want to shut down just when I am finally getting noticed and.....busy!

4 replies
adventuregal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adventuregal Posted 9 Oct 2010 , 5:06pm
post #2 of 5

you don't have to rent from your competitors. You could rent in a community licensed kitchen like me or at a church, a grange, etc...

LindaF144a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaF144a Posted 9 Oct 2010 , 5:12pm
post #3 of 5

I wish I had a nickel for every post like this....... I would be rich.

neesiegirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neesiegirl Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 6:14am
post #4 of 5

Thank you for the replies. How do I go about finding a licensed community kitchen? I would give anything to be able to run my own bakery. I dont really want to share a bakery.

adventuregal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adventuregal Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 6:32am
post #5 of 5

you just have to go and look-get out the phone book or go online and look up community centers, churches, granges (or anywhere that uses their own licensed kitchen). You will have to ask them if they would be willing to rent their kitchen out to you. I pay 17 dollars an hour, but I know it can be as low as 15/hour in some places. You can also contact cafe's and see if you can use the kitchen after hours. You will have to build a business relationship with them and most likely construct a contract.
This is of course depending on your license. You need to have your business license to be able to sell as well as your health department permit. The health department will want to know where you are renting from so they can make sure it's a licensed facility.

Quote by @%username% on %date%