How To Use Arcylic Blocks With The Stamps??

Decorating By cakeastic Updated 10 Oct 2010 , 12:56pm by cakeastic

cakeastic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeastic Posted 9 Oct 2010 , 11:13am
post #1 of 5

I want to get the block with stamps that prints designs on your cake but before i order it i want to know if the stamps are reusable or whats the difference between a large block and an extra large or small one. How do you print the stamps onto the cake? ... Thanks

4 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 9 Oct 2010 , 11:55am
post #2 of 5

Are those stamps food-safe? If not, I would be hesitant to purchase them.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 9 Oct 2010 , 12:01pm
post #3 of 5

IF it's stamps like I'm thinking (one brand is see-ds, sold on qvc in th uk if u want to see them), the backs are sticky, so it sticks to the block, then u peel off and put back in the case - reusable.
As for the block sizes, where ever ur looking to buy them from should have the info. The set I bought the largest one was maybe 3x2 inches, size of the largest stamp. But I know there are much bigger available.
Good point re food safety... Worth thinking about!
xx

Jayde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jayde Posted 9 Oct 2010 , 1:11pm
post #4 of 5

From a scrapbooking standpoint, its better to buy a larger block than a smaller one, its more versatile. The letters, designs, etc. have a sticky back that sticks to the block. I havent used them on edible things, but I have used them to write happy birthday or a name on a fondant covered cake board. Make sure you PS or constrach them well or else they stick. The excess can be brushed away after the embossed image has been done.

I havent checked to see if they are food safe, but I know that rubber stamps are not. I dont think they would do well on an actual cake anyways, but for dexorating the cake board they are great.

cakeastic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeastic Posted 10 Oct 2010 , 12:56pm
post #5 of 5

Yes they 100% food safe, theyre just plastic. And yes they do work for printing on cakes. Thanks for your help icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%