Help...fbct...due In Morning!

Decorating By kimmy37 Updated 9 Oct 2010 , 7:15am by jenscreativity

kimmy37 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimmy37 Posted 9 Oct 2010 , 5:54am
post #1 of 5

So... I've done FCBT before. I'm on my second buzz light year and he's due in the morning... 7 hrs. He keeps wanting to NOT come off in one piece!! I tryed to flip and peel within seconds... ugggg. He's back in the freezer in tact. Is it too late to save him??? Thought about pinpricking him on the cake..... I'd have to color in all his white because I made the cake blue. I could viva him after I was done. I could try to see what i can get out of my FBCT and try to use it as a guide. UGGGG.... you'd think after 4 yr I'd be over this kind of stuff!!!! Any help would be appreciated!!

4 replies
kimmy37 Posted 9 Oct 2010 , 6:18am
post #2 of 5

I've now flipped the transfer onto the cake and put it cake and all in the freezer.....wax paper still attached. I tried pressing the transfer to the cake a little -hoping that will help most of the transfer adhere to the cake. ?????? How long should I leave it in there?????? I just want to go to bed!!!! I've got to deliver this at 9am

jenscreativity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenscreativity Posted 9 Oct 2010 , 6:39am
post #3 of 5

ooh..this is a big risk you are taking because it's due in the a.m. I'm not sure if it will work now,,but I would peel off after a couple hours in freezer then if transfer breaks at all STILL, then I would try to fix it up with icing by piping really tiny in the areas needed..Idk what other alternative you can do besides have another transfer available.

Next time,, I would have a duplicated transfer OR don't do last minute in case these things happen again..do a day prior so you can plan to go somewhere locally like grocery store to have it done in bakery dept. UNLESS you have the edible copier.

Best of luck
Jenifer

kimmy37 Posted 9 Oct 2010 , 7:06am
post #4 of 5

Thanx icon_surprised.gif) I did have a duplicate.....same thing. Bought cheap wax paper.....maybe that was it????? Anyway....it ended in disaster..... wasn't even repairable when i peeled it off. I shaved it off the cake and have just now pin-pricked my pic..... now to go draw for the rest of the night!! boo hiss Thanx for the advice! Oh why do I have to be such a procrastinator???!

jenscreativity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenscreativity Posted 9 Oct 2010 , 7:15am
post #5 of 5

Glad I could help some.. It should be all ok..trust in god.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%