New Cricut For 99.00

Decorating By shearpamela Updated 9 Oct 2010 , 10:01am by shearpamela

shearpamela Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shearpamela Posted 8 Oct 2010 , 8:12pm
post #1 of 3

I have been reading about the Cricut for months, but only bake at home for family and friends so refrained from buying a Cricut Cake. The cost seems geared to frequent cake decorators and professionals mostly. However the Cricut Cake was on sale also for 199.00, but it is huge and seems like overkill for my needs.
Michaels had the small Cricut on sale for 99.00 so on impulse I bought one, but I am afraid to open it!
I can return it after 60 days - unopened with the receipt, but I won't know if I love it/hate it until I use it....
I understand I need the deep cutting blade, but do I need the housing or just the blade itself?
I plan to try gum-paste once I get past my fear of the thing...
What are the best cartridges to invest in to start out with?
SCAL seems like a good investment once I know if I can work with the Cricut since I have a Mac computer.
Any and all tips and advice would be welcome!

2 replies
Brookbourque Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brookbourque Posted 8 Oct 2010 , 8:41pm
post #2 of 3

HI!! I have the expressions, I changed the blade and housing and also removed the rubber wheels from the middle of the bar. The only cartridges I have are the ones that came with it. I use SCAL and LOVE it!!! I dont see the need to buy more cartridges while I have SCAL. Hope this helps!!!

shearpamela Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shearpamela Posted 9 Oct 2010 , 10:01am
post #3 of 3

Yes it does help! Thank you for sharing what works for you - I hope to play with it this weekend some and definitely plan on using SCAL!
I'll have to post pix if I have any success icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%