Looking For A Cookie "tree"

Baking By just_for_fun Updated 11 Oct 2010 , 12:36am by just_for_fun

just_for_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just_for_fun Posted 8 Oct 2010 , 3:18am
post #1 of 5

Hi all! I am looking for something the same idea as the Wilton cupcake stands, but with just "branches" on which I could tie cookies with a ribbon onto. I hope I'm making sense here. If you understand what I mean, and you know where I could get something like this, please help me! Thanx! icon_rolleyes.gif

4 replies
ALVARGA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ALVARGA Posted 8 Oct 2010 , 12:21pm
post #2 of 5

I know exactly what you mean. I have been looking for one for my parents 50th anniversary. I want to make cookies with edible images of the family on them and hang them on the tree for a "Family Tree". I may have to resort to scouting out some dead braches and putting them in a vase. I did see a table top tree at FancyFlours.com in the Halloween section but I think it is too small and it is black. I will watch this topic. I want to know too...

dianne65 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dianne65 Posted 8 Oct 2010 , 9:41pm
post #3 of 5

What I'm imagining that you're talking about is the money trees that people used for weddings and anniversaries. We always made our own depending on the size of the event and the colors used. Just some old branches spray painted and put into containers of plaster of paris. You might also check out party rental places.

CookieCrazy_grozzie11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieCrazy_grozzie11 Posted 9 Oct 2010 , 6:12am
post #4 of 5

Me 3, I have been looking for one as well. But one from dowel or similar to be more modern, and less real tree like. So I too will be watching this thread, or I will be speaking with my hubby to start building !

just_for_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just_for_fun Posted 11 Oct 2010 , 12:36am
post #5 of 5

Thanx dianne65. I did a search for "money tree", I think this will work!

http://www.ornament-trees.com/money_tree/

I didn't even check any other sites yet.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%