Questions-Planning Ahead-Freezing Products

Decorating By daltonam Updated 8 Oct 2010 , 12:53pm by daltonam

daltonam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daltonam Posted 7 Oct 2010 , 6:13pm
post #1 of 5

My daughter's 10th B-day party is Saturday the 16th. I have a little over 1 week to get everything done. (side-note, this wasn't the original plan). We are having a Tea Party (also doing makeovers & it's outside, weather permitting). All baking for the "Dessert Table" has to be done ahead of time, so I'll have time to decorate the cake Thursday & Friday. So now that I've waste your time, lol, here are the questions.

Can ANY of this be made this weekend & froze. Or Wednesday & stored until Saturday.

1.) cake pops (cakeballs) already dipped.
2.) petits fours
3.) sugar cookies, decorated
4.) cupcakes, plain
5.) meringues (also, how hard are they to make)

I will also be making RK Treats & she's having a 3 tier cake with a teapot (if I can do it) on top. (3 tiers total). I'm not sure I'm going to tackle the petits fours, but just in case I wanted the info.

I'm thinking I should have wrote on the invitations that this is a sweet sugary overload party!!!

Any help is appreciated!!

4 replies
daltonam Posted 7 Oct 2010 , 8:45pm
post #2 of 5

anyone new on that might be able to answer any of these questions? thanks icon_smile.gif

kmoores Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kmoores Posted 7 Oct 2010 , 10:42pm
post #3 of 5

[quote="daltonam"]

1.) cake pops (cakeballs) already dipped.
2.) petits fours
3.) sugar cookies, decorated
4.) cupcakes, plain
5.) meringues (also, how hard are they to make)

Quote:
Quote:

OK here goes:

1) cakeballs, yes
2) Petits fours, I have no idea but hopefully someone can tell you
3) sugar cookies, yes
4) cupcakes, yes
5) meringues, I'm not sure but I would have to say no again I hope someone else can help you with that!

Good Luck! HTH

Krista

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 8 Oct 2010 , 1:21am
post #4 of 5

1) Cake pops - I haven't done it but i am about 98% certain that i saw a couple threads in the last week that said you can freeze these. But since they're sealed in chocoalte i think they can be refridgerated for a week w/o a problem. (hopefully someone else can tell you that's done it)

2) Petit Fours - sorry again, haven't done them, but at least you could freeze the cake and the ice later? But i knwo that stores get them in frozen so i would assume you could freeze also.

3) Sugar cookies - absolutely, i have done this. I frost with Antonia's royal icing, and i know fondant on them freezes well too.

4) Cupcakes plain - Definitely! I do this all the time too. I put them on a cookie sheet and freeze for about 1-2 hrs then transfer to ziplock bags. I freeze before putting in the bag so I don't accidently squish them.

5) Meringues - i haven't done this but did see a post in the candy forum recently that said they don't suggest it.

I didn't see you mention it, but are you also baking the cakes in advance? You can also freeze those so you have more time for the decorating and the final "dessert table" items that you can't make ahead of time. Don't forget to make your icing and fillings a week early too.

daltonam Posted 8 Oct 2010 , 12:53pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks so much!!!!

Now I've come to realize that you can't do ANYTHING without butter & I'm out. Off to the store I go. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%