What Would You Have Said To This One? (Long)

Business By sweetonyouzz Updated 27 Oct 2010 , 5:32am by Annabakescakes

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 27 Oct 2010 , 5:32am
post #31 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s

Yaknow, I would have encouraged her. "Yes, you should buy a business!" "Yes it's totally fun. You can absolutely have your child with you in the shop and come and go as you please." "Nah, it doesn't take any special skills."

And in 4 months or so, buy all her shop's equipment for 10 cents on the dollar.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

OMG! You freakin' read my mind! (Almost) I was thinking that I bet I could go find a place to rent that some one tried to start a business in then figured out that it's not as easy as it looks, and I bet they'd have everything for sale at .10 on the $1!

When I worked at a shop downtown Newport KY, by the river, I was in the back and got paged to the front and to please bring a bag with a rose tip and a nail. (Which was SUPER weird!) Some mother daughter team from a bridal boutique in Cinci kept getting asked if they know a good place to get a wedding cake so they decided to come watch someone make an icing rose so they would know what to do and could start their cake business between boutique-ing, corner the wedding market on two sides and rake in the dough... icon_confused.gif ...They watched as a made a really quick one. Then I asked if they wanted to try. The daughter asked her mom if she wanted to do it and Mom said, "No, that looks really easy, I know I can do that." icon_eek.gif So the daughter asked if I could do it again, so I did, and they watched and nodded a few times and left! I guess they knew everything they needed to know after that! thumbs_up.gif Damn, I'm good! icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%