Thoughts/suggestions On Round Damask Wedding Cake

Decorating By abunintheoven Updated 8 Oct 2010 , 4:02am by tootie0809

abunintheoven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abunintheoven Posted 7 Oct 2010 , 4:34am
post #1 of 6

I am going to do a 5 tier wedding cake next month who wants a damask print. Just need thoughts/suggestions -- it will be round tiers with buttercream (white) with black buttercream stencilling for the damask. I have read up on the stencilling side of things and the few damask posts on this site but didn't know of anyone's previous learning experience with this? i would be more calm if it is royal icing with fondant but she doesn't want fondant. Thank you!!! (other main concern is the "bleeding" tendency of black frosting on white)

5 replies
Stacey75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stacey75 Posted 7 Oct 2010 , 5:00am
post #2 of 6

The cake cricut can do it other than that i dont know

sewsweet2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sewsweet2 Posted 8 Oct 2010 , 1:51am
post #3 of 6

I have done black buttercream stencil on a white cake and it did not bleed. Here is the cake: http://family.webshots.com/photo/2455567600048684272ACOJWT

When stenciling around a round buttercream cake, I employ the help of my DH to help hold the stencil in place. HTH a little bit.

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 8 Oct 2010 , 2:09am
post #4 of 6

Your cake is stunning!!!! icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

abunintheoven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abunintheoven Posted 8 Oct 2010 , 3:35am
post #5 of 6

thank you for your suggestions....will practice before the big day! and no cricut here....love your cake!!!

tootie0809 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootie0809 Posted 8 Oct 2010 , 4:02am
post #6 of 6

I just stenciled for the first time on buttercream last week. It was much easier than I thought it would be. In fact, I prefer using buttercream to stencil versus royal icing, now that I've had the chance to stencil with it. I made sure to chill the tiers very cold before I stenciled. Then I would put them back in the fridge while I worked on another tier, then bring out the rest of the tiers and so on and so forth.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%