Chocolate Ganache Drip Technique

Decorating By Niki11784 Updated 5 Nov 2012 , 8:10pm by shreya19

Niki11784 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Niki11784 Posted 6 Oct 2010 , 4:28pm
post #1 of 5

Is there anywhere on CC explaining how to do this? ( The ganache on the top dripping down the sides?) Anytime I tried, either the ganache pulled the buttercream down with it, or the drips were all uneven.

4 replies
Jess1019 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jess1019 Posted 6 Oct 2010 , 4:45pm
post #2 of 5

Check out this video, it is where I learned how to do it. Check out my pics, I think it worked GREAT!

http://cakesandcupboards.blogspot.com/2007/12/my-first-how-to-demonstration-drizzles.html

wibirtn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wibirtn Posted 5 Nov 2012 , 2:43pm
post #3 of 5

I tried to access this video and it says that you have to be invited to view it, access denied.

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 5 Nov 2012 , 3:32pm
post #4 of 5

If I want the drip look I put the ganache in a squeeze bottle and go around the edges of the cake.  I have a little more control that way.

shreya19 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shreya19 Posted 5 Nov 2012 , 8:10pm
post #5 of 5

How to Drip Ganache Over the Side of a Cake
Dripping ganache over the side of a cake takes a little panache-technique is everything. Ganache must be poured over the very center of the cake and allowed to drip over the side naturally. If you pour it too closely to the sides, you'll apply too much. If you pour it closer to one side of the cake than the other, the end product will look lopsided.

Decorative ganache is meant to appear in random drips rather than in a uniform design, but it also looks best when the drips are uniform in thickness and texture. If you're looking for a ganache shell over the entire cake, you should follow the directions mentioned above. Ganache should be barely warm when you pour it over a cake. If the ganache is too hot, it will run off; too cold and it won't drip.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%