Chocolate Butter Cream Versus Ganache

Decorating By sweettreat101 Updated 7 Oct 2010 , 10:22am by sweettreat101

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 6 Oct 2010 , 8:21am
post #1 of 3

A friend of mine asked me to make her daughter's birthday cake. Originally she wanted German chocolate cake with German chocolate filling but I talked her into picking something else just encase these kids have nut allergies. And what kid likes nuts and coconut at 7 years old. She said I could use chocolate butter cream or ganache. If you were making this cake would you use a whipped ganache for the filling and frost in chocolate butter cream or fill and frost in ganache? I have only used ganache once and it seems pretty sweet so I'm not sure which way to go on this one. Any help greatly appreciated. I'm just glad she's letting me change the filling.

2 replies
brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 6 Oct 2010 , 9:59am
post #2 of 3

I'd go for buttercream - much cheaper to make!
Kids will be used to buttercream, tho I'm sure they will love a chocolatey ganache too. Pretty sure they wont care as long as they get cake!
Think about what u prefer working with too, u get different results with each.
xx

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 7 Oct 2010 , 10:22am
post #3 of 3

Thank you brincess_b. I was just glad the mother is letting me use chocolate butter cream or ganache instead of German chocolate frosting. I don't think kids will like coconut and walnuts. I will take your advice and stick with the butter cream.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%