My Indydebi Buttercream Twist

Baking By Joshua_Alan Updated 6 Oct 2010 , 12:40pm by Joshua_Alan

Joshua_Alan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joshua_Alan Posted 6 Oct 2010 , 2:08am
post #1 of 7

So I've been playing around with Indydebi's buttercream recipe, which I love, but I wanted it to have a hint of butter flavor so I wound up adding some almond and butter flavoring to it and I think it's come out great. Just wanted to share it in case anyone was interested.

Basically I make a double batch of Indy's BC using only 4 T of vanilla and add 1/4 t of clear butter flavoring and 1/8 t of clear almond extract. I've made it several times now and each time it's gotten amazing reviews. I'd love to hear what anyone else thinks!

6 replies
psmith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psmith Posted 6 Oct 2010 , 2:18am
post #2 of 7

This sounds yummy! I'll try probably this weekend and let you know how it turns out. thumbs_up.gif

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 6 Oct 2010 , 11:07am
post #3 of 7

Out of curiosity, what brand of butter flavoring do you use?

Also, that's 4 tablespoons of vanilla right?

I also like adding almond flavoring to my BC, but I found early on that you have to be very careful because that stuff is strong!

cakecraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecraft Posted 6 Oct 2010 , 11:31am
post #4 of 7

I agree, I always add butter, vanilla and almond flavouring to this recipe., as well as a few drops of lemon. The lemon brightens the taste without imparting any lemon flavour.

One other thing I do is to add 1/2 c of the milk to the powdered dream whip and heat it in the microwave before adding it. No graininess, just velvety smooth deliciousness!!

Joshua_Alan Posted 6 Oct 2010 , 12:12pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieCahill

Out of curiosity, what brand of butter flavoring do you use?

Also, that's 4 tablespoons of vanilla right?

I also like adding almond flavoring to my BC, but I found early on that you have to be very careful because that stuff is strong!

I use the Wilton clear butter flavoring, and yes that 4 tablespoons. Yeah, the almond can be very overpowering so only a touch is needed!

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 6 Oct 2010 , 12:20pm
post #6 of 7

I do that flavor combo too! I also use liquid french vanilla coffee creamer, (instead of half and half.) and heat it for 30 sec with the the dream whip. icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

Joshua_Alan Posted 6 Oct 2010 , 12:40pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakecraft

I agree, I always add butter, vanilla and almond flavouring to this recipe., as well as a few drops of lemon. The lemon brightens the taste without imparting any lemon flavour.

One other thing I do is to add 1/2 c of the milk to the powdered dream whip and heat it in the microwave before adding it. No graininess, just velvety smooth deliciousness!!

I have to try the lemon flavoring, that sounds delicious! And I've never thought about premixing the dream whip before, but that's a great idea! I'm definitely trying that next batch!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%