Wedding Cookie Favours

Business By cab333 Updated 6 Oct 2010 , 6:36pm by leily

cab333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cab333 Posted 5 Oct 2010 , 7:48pm
post #1 of 8

Good Afternoon,

In a couple of weeks I will be completing my first wedding order, 130 gerber daisy cookies! This is a very exciting time for me...but today I found myself wondering about something. Each cookie will be individually wrapped and tied with ribbon...but I am wondering if people attach their names to things like this when completing an order? I considered putting one of our business cards on the back of each bag...you would only see it when you picked up the cookie. But now I find myself questioning if that is tacky?

What does everyone else out there do?
TIA! icon_smile.gif

7 replies
SwtCanuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SwtCanuck Posted 5 Oct 2010 , 8:14pm
post #2 of 8

I have made many cookie favors for weddings. I would never even think of putting my name on them. I think it would be tacky. I will however leave some business cards with the servers/caterers if they hear about anyone asking.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 5 Oct 2010 , 8:29pm
post #3 of 8

If it's a special order i don't put my name on them, expecially for a wedding.
However i have just recently had a request to do some things for a fundraiser where they will be selling my cookies. On these i am going to use a small return address label to put my business name and contact info on it.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 5 Oct 2010 , 10:16pm
post #4 of 8

No, you don't advertise at someone's wedding.

Echooo3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Echooo3 Posted 5 Oct 2010 , 10:33pm
post #5 of 8

No I don't advertise on a paid order.

cab333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cab333 Posted 6 Oct 2010 , 2:29pm
post #6 of 8

Thanks everyone

MariaK38 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaK38 Posted 6 Oct 2010 , 2:35pm
post #7 of 8

does this mean that you shouldn't put an ingredients label on the back, either? here in Dayton, Ohio I have to have certain things on the ingredients label for food products you sell, including business number and phone number. I wonder if that includes favors.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 6 Oct 2010 , 6:36pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaK38

does this mean that you shouldn't put an ingredients label on the back, either? here in Dayton, Ohio I have to have certain things on the ingredients label for food products you sell, including business number and phone number. I wonder if that includes favors.

You'd probably want to check with the HD, but since it's a special order you may just be able to provide that information with the receipt to the client.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%