Singing The Praises Of My New Cupcake Stand!!

Business By Swede-cakes Updated 6 Oct 2010 , 11:38am by daltonam

Swede-cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Swede-cakes Posted 5 Oct 2010 , 3:24am
post #1 of 10

Hey all! After looking at countless photos of the great cupcake towers all you talented CC'ers have created with your bare hands, I resigned myself to the fact that although I really needed to have one for my clients to use, I was kidding myself that I'd ever get down to the basement and plug in the power tools.

After hours of searching online, I came upon Penguin Cupcake Towers and found that the price was right and the plastic material and construction sounded solid. Plus, a portion of each tower sale is donated towards worldwide penguin conservation efforts. (Hey, one more good thing!) A phone call to the company gave me the info I needed to make a decision, and I placed my order. Twice now, the tower has been rented and has held up beautifully.

I thought I'd share my experience with you guys, as there may be other cakers out there who are in the same search and don't plan to turn on the jigsaw anytime soon! I don't work for Penguin, or anything like that. Just so excited to have found just what I needed and it didn't break the bank!! (I love the tower as much as my new mixer!)

9 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 5 Oct 2010 , 4:17pm
post #2 of 10

Is there a link to their site?

Swede-cakes Posted 5 Oct 2010 , 4:21pm
post #3 of 10
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 5 Oct 2010 , 4:25pm
post #4 of 10

Wow...very reasonably priced and I like the idea some profits are going to the animals.Thanks for the link!!

Swede-cakes Posted 5 Oct 2010 , 4:47pm
post #5 of 10

Yes they are. And if you click on Blog in their nav bar, you'll see one of the weddings I did with it recently. It did take some time for me to get the ribbon measured/cut/taped on, but now that I did it once and saved all those ribbon pcs, I can use them as a template to cut any other ribbon to the right length.

Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 5 Oct 2010 , 6:39pm
post #6 of 10

OMG, I LOVE pinguins!!! without doubt I will totally buy/rent from them!!!

If you haven't seen 'March of the pinguins'?? you must!!! thumbs_up.gif ---pinguins are 'angel-animals on earth thumbs_up.gif

Swede-cakes Posted 5 Oct 2010 , 6:44pm
post #7 of 10

I love penguins too, but it was my 5 y.o. daughter (my avatar) who was most impressed with the company's mission to help. It's so simple to her...if I "like the stand and can help the birds, then just buy it. The wedding people will love their cupcakes and the penguins will be happy too." icon_biggrin.gif

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 6 Oct 2010 , 4:32am
post #8 of 10

What is corrugated plastic?

Swede-cakes Posted 6 Oct 2010 , 11:07am
post #9 of 10

It's like corrugated cardboard in terms of having the hollow cells. You know when you cut off a piece of a cardboard shipping box and you see it has hollow channels in it? That's why this is lightweight. But because it's 6mm thick plastic, it's strong enough to stack and lock in four tiers high and load it up with cuppies and it doesn't tip or have bending edges from the weight of the food.

daltonam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daltonam Posted 6 Oct 2010 , 11:38am
post #10 of 10

My hubby (who is in construction) would tell me to order it, if for no other reason than materials costs are going up daily. It's one thing if you have the stuff sitting around, but if you don't this looks VERY reasonably priced.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%