I Need Help With Crumbly Cupcakes.

Baking By steffiessweet_sin_sations Updated 5 Oct 2010 , 5:04pm by steffiessweet_sin_sations

steffiessweet_sin_sations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steffiessweet_sin_sations Posted 5 Oct 2010 , 3:00am
post #1 of 5

i am trying to make s'mores cupcakes. i tried the choc martha stewart ones, didnt taste enough graham crackery enough. so tried a graham cupcakes recipe, will post it in a min, but the taste is wonderful, its moist, its light! the problem is its very crumbly. it literally falls apart as soon as u take the wrapper off. how do i save this recipe?? i love the taste so would like to keep it, if i can tweak it. any help would be appreciated. heres the recipe
What Youll Need...
1/2 cup of butter, room temperature
1 cup of sugar
3 eggs, room temperature
1 cup of milk
1 cup of flour
1 1/2 cups of graham cracker crumbs
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1/8 teaspoon of salt

What Youll Do...
1) Beat the butter for about 30 seconds until well creamed. Add the sugar and mix for 3 minutes using a paddle attachment until light and fluffy.
2) Add the eggs, one at a time, being sure to beat for 30 seconds for each egg.
3) Place graham crackers in a food processor or in a plastic bag and beat the crud out of them until it's been ground into small crumbs and powder.
4) Sift together the flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking soda and powder, and salt. Add about 1/4 of the mixture to the butter mixture, then add some of the milk. Continue to add the ingrdients in adry-wet-dry method, ending with the dry. Continue to mix until just combined.
5) Scoop into cupcake papers and bake for 15-18 minutes in a 350 F oven or until a cake tester comes out clean.

4 replies
LindaF144a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaF144a Posted 5 Oct 2010 , 11:49am
post #2 of 5

The reason why is there is more graham crackers crimbs there is flour and it is not providing structure. You can try decreasing the graham crackers and increasing the flour.

Also search the internet. I'm sorry i can't remember where, but i did see a recipe that took graham flour instead of graham crumbs. You may get more structure and less crumbling.

steffiessweet_sin_sations Posted 5 Oct 2010 , 4:47pm
post #3 of 5

where would i find graham flour? i did see one calling for that. but didnt know where to get it. so u think if i cut the graham down to 1 cup and increase the flour to 1 1/2 cups that woould work? i like the strong graham flavor this has

LindaF144a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaF144a Posted 5 Oct 2010 , 4:58pm
post #4 of 5

I do not have a clue to where you would start swapping out one for the pther, so any guess you make sounds good to me.

Where I live I can get graham flour in the nature's market section, where all the organic stuff is sold. I don't know if you have a store or section like that in your area, but it is a good start.

steffiessweet_sin_sations Posted 5 Oct 2010 , 5:04pm
post #5 of 5

we do have an akins, will look there! thanks for all your help, will let u know how they turn out!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%