I Thought Of The Best Way To Keep Cc's From Tipping During..

Baking By KHalstead Updated 7 Oct 2010 , 11:13am by Coral3

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 9:31pm
post #1 of 7

transport!!!

I always use the rubberized shelf liners in the bottom of my boxes, but this past weekend I was out of it and needed to transport 155 cupcakes for a wedding.

I tried putting glue dots (stuck TOO well and I damaged the cc's trying to remove them) tried a little dot of hot glue (same thing, too stuck) tried a dot of elmer's glue (didn't stick at all to the metal silver liners)

Then it hit me!!!! I"ll make my OWN rubberized mat. I squirted squiggly lines of hot glue all over the bottom of my box and let it dry completely, then set the cupcakes on it. I put them kinda close together (so I could fit a lot in a box) but not touching one another. Then I tested it by jiggling the box rather hard and even tipping the box at a 30 degree incline at least! They didn't budge!

I will NEVER transport them any other way, it so much easier, quicker and cheaper than the liners (even though they're only $1) I still use them under the boxes in the van though.

Just thought I'd share.

I added a pic in my photos for a visual!

6 replies
JulieMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieMN Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 9:52pm
post #2 of 7

Thanks for sharing!

KHalstead Posted 5 Oct 2010 , 12:25am
post #3 of 7

no problem, I see they removed the photo.......oh well! It was just a cake box with squiggles of glue on it lol.

In any case, the liners kind of stuck to the hot glue but when I went to lift them off they make a suction type of sound but were easy to pull off, yet they wouldn't slide a bit!

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 5 Oct 2010 , 2:18am
post #4 of 7

You set your cupcakes on the dried lines of hot glue? Is that correct?

When I first read it, I thought you meant you put a lot of random lines going every which way and then set the cupcakes on it and I was picturing the cupcakes sitting unevenly.

KHalstead Posted 6 Oct 2010 , 12:16pm
post #5 of 7

Yes, they sat on the dried lines of hot glue............I didn't pipe beads of hot glue, just kind of dragged the tip along the box so it was more like smears of hot glue, so the cupcakes didn't sit unevenly at all. Besides, all of the "smears" were about the same depth and were close enough together that the cupcakes were sitting on top of multiple smear lines.

If I could attach a pic. I would.....I put one in my photos but they removed it........hmmmmm

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 7 Oct 2010 , 4:56am
post #6 of 7

Someday, they'll fix the attachment problem. I hope. For now, I'm still over the moon happy about the view posts since last visit working, so I suppose I can be patient a bit longer. icon_smile.gif

Thanks for clarifying it for me. I just got an email tonight and I may be doing a ton of cupcakes next week that will have to travel 2 hours.

Coral3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Coral3 Posted 7 Oct 2010 , 11:13am
post #7 of 7

Would have been helpful to see the picture (its a little ridiculous that they would remove a picture that people might actually find helpful, I don't get this forum sometimes...)

If you have a Photobucket account (easy, free) then you can upload photos into that, then just copy and paste the image code from there into your post.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%