Ideas For Simpsons/us Citizenship/lobster Cake?

Decorating By microbiology1 Updated 6 Oct 2010 , 6:16pm by Unlimited

microbiology1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
microbiology1 Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 3:39pm
post #1 of 3

Hi Guys,

My DH is taking his citizenship oath in 2 weeks. I have already made him a cake of the US on the day he took the exam. I'm hoping someone will have a brilliant idea of how to combine all his favorite things into one cake for his party.

He loves:
Peanut butter
The Simpsons
Lobsters

and I would love to incorporate the US flag just to keep the theme going.

Anyone???

Thanks in advance!

2 replies
cakemama2010 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemama2010 Posted 5 Oct 2010 , 10:56pm
post #2 of 3

There was a Simpsons episode with Pinchy the Lobster...Homer got attached to him and wanted to keep him, but didn't work out that way. Maybe you could see if you could find the episode online and view some pics for inspiration.

Unlimited Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Unlimited Posted 6 Oct 2010 , 6:16pm
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by microbiology1

I'm hoping someone will have a brilliant idea of how to combine all his favorite things into one cake for his party.

He loves:
Peanut butter
The Simpsons
Lobsters

and I would love to incorporate the US flag just to keep the theme going.

My daughter wants the same thing this weekend! Wellnot exactly the same, but perhaps her design idea will help you out.

I'm making a 3-D Homer's head (but only from his nose and up, so it looks like he's looking over a table of his favorite things wide-eyed). In this case, cupcakes that look like D'oh-nuts ("iced" pink with sprinkles)! In your case, he could be googly-eyed looking at lobsters, a jar of peanut butter or a PBJ sandwich, the US flag, or whatever else he likes! HTH.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%