How Do I Get This Color?

Decorating By sweetnessx3 Updated 4 Oct 2010 , 9:19pm by DeeDelightful

sweetnessx3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetnessx3 Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 2:31pm
post #1 of 7

I have a Auburn football to make and the logo has a color blue that looks a little dark but not navy blue ...I dont know ... I need to cut the logo out of MMF to get a good effect on the football , so how do I get my mmf this color , do I add a pinch of black to royal blue ?

6 replies
sweetnessx3 Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 2:33pm
post #2 of 7

I dont know why I cant get the football picture to load icon_sad.gif but, its the auburn university logo color . Thank you in advance for any help. I have the hardest time with dark colors and mmf .............

Jeannem Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeannem Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 2:38pm
post #3 of 7

I had a similar color to match--I added purple--very small amount of back as it dull the color. I also take a small amount of water--add small amounts of color to see what happens--you can always use that water in your mmf--saves color.. I always add white white color to MMF--gives a truer color.

DeeDelightful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeeDelightful Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 3:06pm
post #4 of 7

I see some pictures online that look like the colors are purple and orange and other's look like a true navy blue. I do believe the official color is navy blue and you couldn't go wrong with that. Depends on what photo you were given to work with.

DeeDelightful Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 3:11pm
post #5 of 7

I see some pictures online that look like the colors are purple and orange and other's look like a true navy blue. I do believe the official color is navy blue and you couldn't go wrong with that. Depends on what photo you were given to work with.

sweetnessx3 Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 7:25pm
post #6 of 7

Thank you !!! I know you had to do research on the logo , thank you soooo much for going out of you way icon_smile.gif Im going to try you suggestions icon_smile.gif

DeeDelightful Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 9:19pm
post #7 of 7

No problem....glad to help.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%