About Fondant.....

Decorating By lolli74 Updated 4 Oct 2010 , 12:18am by cattycornercakes

lolli74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lolli74 Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 12:00am
post #1 of 3

I have seen so many beautiful cakes that have been decorated with fondant, although my experience working with it has been very limited. Its versatility certainly seems to have an advantage over traditional frosting on cakes (like buttercream), but as far as the yummy factor goes, I think frosting takes the cake (no pun intended icon_smile.gif I remember as a kid we would all hope to get a piece of cake that had a big chunk of a fluffy buttercream rose on it LOL! Somehow biting into a red and black fondant ladybug doesn't seem nearly as appealing. Are there folks that really do prefer fondant over frosting?

2 replies
julesh268 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julesh268 Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 12:05am
post #2 of 3

I make Marshmallow Fondont and it tastes very good, but I wouldn't want to eat a slab of it! But, I have lots of fondont decorations plucked off my cakes and gobbled up by little ones. It is different, but probably just a preference thing.

cattycornercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cattycornercakes Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 12:18am
post #3 of 3

I also make marshmallow fondant. The violin cake in my pictures was for adults and they cut off pieces of the fondant to eat and fought over who got what. And my son loves to eat the left over fondant too icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%