Combined B'day For Niece, 15, & Fil, 70-Something?

Decorating By SugarFiend Updated 5 Oct 2010 , 1:10am by noahsmummy

SugarFiend Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFiend Posted 2 Oct 2010 , 12:25pm
post #1 of 5

Next weekend is the family get-together for my niece's and FIL's birthdays. She will be 15, and he will be 70-something. I did a girly zebra cake last year for the same family gathering. (Kinda left the FIL out of the equation, as he "doesn't eat cake" anyway...)

I'd like to come up with something sorta generic that could include both of them this time though, even though I know he won't go anywhere near the cake. I was thinking one of the two-toned split cakes with girly on one side and more masculine on the other. But I'm very visual and can't find any examples of what I was thinking. Anyone have any ideas, or know of any pics I could check out?

4 replies
SugarFiend Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 11:25am
post #2 of 5

Shameless bump. Well, not TOTALLY shameless... I had a couple of toddlers climbing my legs and a DH standing there tapping his foot while I made my last post, so in my haste, I didn't say please or thank you. Now I'm embarassed, reading my own post again! icon_redface.gif (So sorry for being rude!)

Anyone, anything? I would be SO grateful for any ideas. When I have carte blanche to do anything, I find myself totally stuck from too many choices. And the fact that this cake is for a 15-year-old who wears skinny jeans, lots of eye makeup, and has a pierced nose, along with a 70-something year old man who has few interests I know of, other than being kinda techie... I'm at a bit of a loss!

Thanks in advance!

noahsmummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noahsmummy Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 11:46am
post #3 of 5

you could just do the genric girly swirls or dots flowers etc on one side, then go for the geometric shapes/print on the other? sorry not much help. i would probably opt for two smaller cakes in your position.

SugarFiend Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 1:29pm
post #4 of 5

Ohhhhh, piddle. I guess we still can't attach photos to posts yet? I came up with an idea, but I'm not too crazy about uploading it to the gallery. icon_redface.gif

noahsmummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noahsmummy Posted 5 Oct 2010 , 1:10am
post #5 of 5

haha you can, but you have to shrink it first most of the time, i use image shak, just google it. =)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%