How Do I Make An Edible Image?

Decorating By justbyangela Updated 1 Oct 2010 , 8:38pm by q2wheels

justbyangela Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justbyangela Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 7:52pm
post #1 of 4

I'm planning on buying a plain white cake and decorating it myself (if I can figure out a way to do it). I'm thinking of just either making an edible image myself or seeing if someone would be able to make one for an inexpensive price. My son is having a Backyardigans Party at the end of this month and I was hoping for a cake to match. Any help on any ideas or the EASIEST way to make an edible image (possibly from an image from the computer) and how to transfer it onto the cake once made would be extremely helpful.

Thank you in advance!

3 replies
grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 8:22pm
post #2 of 4

Well, Angela, first you would have to have a machine, edible ink, and the sheets that make the images....... OR, you could take a picture of your choice to a local bakery and ask what they would charge to make one....... also, E-BAY has quite a selection... just type in EDIBLE IMAGE in the search box.... Good luck...... Im sure he would love anything Mom came up with !

DaisyDelights Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DaisyDelights Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 8:24pm
post #3 of 4

I had a classmate from a Wilton class take her image into the grocery store where they sell cakes with images. She asked and got lucky with the baker. I think they only charged her a couple of dollars to print the image on to one of those image sheets.
You can give that a try.

q2wheels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
q2wheels Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 8:38pm
post #4 of 4

The problem you might run into is Backyardigans are *licensed* characters, therefore some (if not most) stores won't print the edible image.

HTH,

Toni Ann

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyangela

I'm planning on buying a plain white cake and
decorating it myself (if I can figure out a way to do it). I'm thinking of just either making an edible image myself or seeing if someone would be able to make one for an inexpensive price. My son is having a Backyardigans Party at the end of this month and I was hoping for a cake to match. Any help on any ideas or the EASIEST way to make an edible image (possibly from an image from the computer) and how to transfer it onto the cake once made would be extremely helpful.

Thank you in advance!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%