When Delivering A 4 Tier Buttercrm Cake, Do You...

Decorating By madras650 Updated 1 Oct 2010 , 10:20pm by tarheelgirl

madras650 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madras650 Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 3:26pm
post #1 of 7

Would you deliver a 4 tier buttecream cake in 2 sections then assemble on-site, or would you just be daring and have the whole thing assembled and hope for the best? What is your opinion?

6 replies
ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 4:04pm
post #2 of 7

I always deliver fully assembled. I trust my support system and I ALWAYS leave with a COLD cake....and drive very slow..with my hazard lights if necessary. Roads here suck. You will get many, many opinions on this. You need to decide what you are comfortable in doing and do that.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 4:05pm
post #3 of 7

I never deliver in 2 sections. I did tht once and found it too difficult to place a 2-tier on top of a 2-tier.

Much depends on the cake and how much it weighs. how much can I carry? If I can carry the bottom 3 tiers assembled, then I'll do that and plop the top tier in place when I get there. If the bottom 3 tiers are bigger and heavier than I can carry, I'll assemble the bottom 2 tiers and finish assembling at the venue. My avg time for assembly at a venue is about 10 minutes.

julesh268 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julesh268 Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 7:15pm
post #4 of 7

Based on advise I got here I delivered a 3 teir wedding cake this weekend. I am guessing I could have carried a 4 teir, but it would have been pushing it. My vote is if you can carry it on a good base I would take it all assembled.

CBMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CBMom Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 9:41pm
post #5 of 7

Transport separate - assemble there.

I couldn't carry all that cake! LOL!!

icon_smile.gif

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 10:04pm
post #6 of 7

i prefer to take them fully assemblec. My DH always comes with me and we carry it together, i do have a cake safe too, but sharing the weight it hardly feels heavy at all. I do want to get a cart like Indydebi had (where did you get that from??)

tarheelgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarheelgirl Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 10:20pm
post #7 of 7

I deliver fully assembled! My DH comes along and does the heavy lifting for me. I thought about looking into a folding cart to keep in my delivery van.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%