It Was Delicious, But...

Decorating By caked4life Updated 1 Oct 2010 , 6:35pm by playingwithsugar

caked4life Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caked4life Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 2:26pm
post #1 of 8

I'm just curious about something. Last night I made a strawberry WASC cake. Instead of using water I used an equal amount of pureed strawberries.

My question, even though I used an equal amount of pureed strawberies, was I still suppose to use some water????

The cake turned out great in my opinion, but I'm curious about the water thing.

TIA!

7 replies
KayMc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayMc Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 2:28pm
post #2 of 8

If it turned out great, I'd use the recipe as you did last night. Congrats!

pag41989 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pag41989 Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 2:35pm
post #3 of 8

I agree that if it turned out great then I would leave it how you did it. I am not sure what the water does. Maybe the liquid helps with the "fluffiness" of the cake?

debbief Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debbief Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 2:56pm
post #4 of 8

The pureed strawberry is liquid that is replacing the water. If it seemed like the strawberry was too thick, you could have added a little water to it and used the mixture in place of water. But I agree, if it turned out good, why change it?

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 4:08pm
post #5 of 8

i agree with the above(s). You answered yoru own question. It tasted great so no problem!

cakeythings1961 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeythings1961 Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 5:17pm
post #6 of 8

Hmmmm, now you've got me thinking....orange juice, pink lemonade, all of the cranberry juice combinations, chai tea, peach nectar, margarita mix......
Oh, the possibilities!!! icon_biggrin.gif

kger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kger Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 6:11pm
post #7 of 8

Substituting ingredients is the whole fun of the WASC. Use flavored yogurts in place of sour cream, use coffee creamers or juices in place of milk/water. Search for the WASC threads. You'll find tons of flavor "recipes".

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 6:35pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeythings1961

Hmmmm, now you've got me thinking....orange juice, pink lemonade, all of the cranberry juice combinations, chai tea, peach nectar, margarita mix......
Oh, the possibilities!!! icon_biggrin.gif

If you're going to use citrus flavors, scrape a little zest from the peel in, also. It will give much more flavor than the juice alone.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%