Doctering German Choc Box?

Baking By shannycakers Updated 1 Oct 2010 , 8:10pm by All4Show

shannycakers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannycakers Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 12:50pm
post #1 of 6

hi gang! i usually make wasc cake, but have a request for german choc, can i use a box and doctor it? how? same way at wasc or will it take away from the specific taste or make it lighter?

5 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 7:43pm
post #2 of 6

You can always add a little more chocolate to it to help from muting some of the chocolate flavor.

shannycakers Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 7:58pm
post #3 of 6

o yay! thanks for someone answering me texas rose! I bought a german chocolate bar to melt i guess..and add? I guess i just add thewhole bar? never added choc to a wasc recipe..or used the german box..

All4Show Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
All4Show Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 8:00pm
post #4 of 6

Amazing German Chocolate cake- ! pkg. DH German chocolate cake mix, 1 15 oz container ready made coconut pecan frosting, 1 C. water, 1/3 C. veg.oil, 3 large eggs. Frost the top with home made coconut pecan frosting; the sides with chocolate mocha buttercream; tort and fill with maple/pecan filling. Did this for my husband and he couldn't stop singing my praises.

shannycakers Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 8:03pm
post #5 of 6

i a ctually have to use buttercream for the topping because they want it decorated and you can really decorate good with the coconute brown frosting.. its going to be a blue and white angel cake.. so its the cake flavor im worried about

All4Show Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
All4Show Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 8:10pm
post #6 of 6

Well the cake flavor will still be good without the normal frosting on top.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%