Charging For Imbc...live And Learn...

Decorating By Kiddiekakes Updated 2 Oct 2010 , 1:19am by Kiddiekakes

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 12:18pm
post #1 of 4

Well....I made my 4 batches of IMBC last night for a larger cake due tomorrow...I only charged the customer $5.00 extra dollars...I know....stupid me icon_redface.gificon_redface.gif ...Well it cost me over $20.00 in butter alone.. icon_evil.gif And...the last batch didn't look to have enough and all I had on hand was cold margarine...so I threw that in there...I know..I know...don't say it...But it worked! thumbs_up.gif

So next xustomer who wants IMBC will be charged at least $25.00 extra...It was time consuming to make also...

Another Live and Learn lesson! icon_wink.gif

3 replies
tgress13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tgress13 Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 12:35pm
post #2 of 4

IMBC is great and when I first made it I thought that's all I would ever use. However, it can be cost prohibitive so I reserve it for very special cakes and make sure to factor in the cost!

Motta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Motta Posted 2 Oct 2010 , 1:06am
post #3 of 4

Kiddiekakes - good to know!!! I love IMBC but, yes, it takes way more time and "finesse" than american buttercream. Did they request it specifically?

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 2 Oct 2010 , 1:19am
post #4 of 4

Motta,

Yes..she did request it because she didn't like my standard BC which is WBH...But for the hassle and price I won't be advertising it...It takes coloring terrible too..I was trying to get sky blue and the best I could get was a muted dark blue.Also gets very soft and almost runny fast..something I am not used to...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%