Doris1544 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doris1544 Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 2:25am
post #1 of 10

Please share ideas as to how I can make a lego cake for a birthday party

9 replies
tripleD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tripleD Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 2:41am
post #2 of 10

are you looking for a specific one? I just made a Power miner "Thunder Driller" It was so fun to make.

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 2:59am
post #3 of 10

This is just a regular Lego cake. Sorry it's not in English. She's a member of CC and takes nice step-by-step photographs, so I don't think you'll have any problems understanding any of the tutorials.

http://www.minjina-kuhinjica.com/desert/torta/rodjendanske-torte/lego-torta-tutorijal-2/

Here are the other tutorials (non-lego related), if you're interested:
http://www.minjina-kuhinjica.com/category/fondam-i-gum-pasta/figurice-od-fondana/

There's a PDF that you can download at the end of each tutorial.

Aspen_n_Dad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aspen_n_Dad Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 3:16pm
post #4 of 10

Here is a quick thought, what about having a couple of Lego Blocks and then having some of the Lego people on those. I know there are Lego pirates, astronauts, military and so on.

Hope that helps.

tanstaafl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanstaafl Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 4:00pm
post #5 of 10

This is a lego star wars cake I did. It would work with other lego themes as well.

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1745602

casme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
casme Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 6:32pm
post #6 of 10

Exactly what do you want to do. I have a picture of one in my photos. The legos and people are make of gumpaste.

tat2edprincess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tat2edprincess Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 11:13pm
post #7 of 10

i saw a lego block cake..the raised circles where pieces of cake cut out with round cookie cutters...it was very cute...looked just like a wide 6 dot piece!

KTB4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KTB4 Posted 3 Oct 2010 , 12:25am
post #8 of 10

I have one in my photos that I did this summer. It was super easy to do!

apieceofcake-dolores Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
apieceofcake-dolores Posted 3 Oct 2010 , 12:41am
post #9 of 10

I just did one of those Last night for my Son. I always just bake in a loaf pan. I make 3 total. ONe of them I cut in half and make 2 "legos" out of. Then I just roll out some fondant kind of thick and cut out the circles for the top. I have a few pictures of different ones I've done in my pics!

Tinabarena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tinabarena Posted 3 Oct 2010 , 9:03pm
post #10 of 10

Funny because I just posted something about this - I'm not sure if you are doing your cake for sale or non-sale, but I was just rejected permission to can use the LEGO® brand names, trademarks and copyrights etc. You can only use it if it's for a personal project or one that nobody is making any money from.

I'm still waiting on confirmation from other cc'ers, but I'm hoping I can still do the cake, and just purchase legos (blocks/those figure guys) and put them on the cake and not do anything illegal.

Just wanted to let you know.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%