Cherry Pie Filling

Baking By pmarks0 Updated 30 Sep 2010 , 7:41pm by pmarks0

pmarks0 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pmarks0 Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 11:10pm
post #1 of 7

I've used cherry pie filling on it's own as a filling for my chocolate cake. I was wondering if anyone has ever combined it with either a SMBC or an american buttercream. I want a cherry filling for a cake, but I'm not sure I want it to be straight pie filling. Anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks
Pam

6 replies
Herekittykitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Herekittykitty Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 11:17pm
post #2 of 7

I haven't done so but it sounds yummy!

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 11:46pm
post #3 of 7

try this.
Get a jar of maraschino cherries, drain them.
set the cherry juice aside.
blend the cherries in a food prossesor or dice them up very tiny.

make buttercream using the cherry juice you set aside in stead of water, add diced cherries, and put in mixer. mix it all up and you are done. ready to use cherry bc.

for intense cherry flavor (and dont mind your buttercream tinted dark pink, you can add a packet or two of cherry kool-aid as well. Just mix the kool-aid in the cherry juice before adding to the BC ingredients, kool-aid works best if it is dissolved first.

I promise you will like. thumbs_up.gif

Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 2:11am
post #4 of 7

You can always mix your pie filling with Bettercreme. I have done this with lemon pie filling and it was great!!!

pmarks0 Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 4:04pm
post #5 of 7

Unfortunately, I can't get Bettercreme in Canada. Is there something similar?

Herekittykitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Herekittykitty Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 7:11pm
post #6 of 7

You can use the BC's you normally use (AMBC/SMBC) although Cherry pie filling has a lot of liquid in it, that may make SMBC too runny at least with AMBC you can add more PS to thicken it up.

pmarks0 Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 7:41pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks everyone. I picked up some cherry jam today to see how that tasted and mix it with the BC. If it doesn't work, I'll venture back to the pie filling. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%