I Wish I Had Thought Of These First

Decorating By MariaK38 Updated 8 Nov 2010 , 6:08pm by Tracyj

MariaK38 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaK38 Posted 8 Nov 2010 , 1:17am
post #121 of 125

sold the cupcake push pops for the first time today at a craft fair. they were the one thing that sold well, and that's saying something! I was placed in an area where sun was beating down on me through the windows (no blinds) and some of my chocolates melted. My specialty is buckeyes, and I was supposed to be the only buckeye vendor there... there were two others...nightmare!
Anyway, I got lots of good compliments about the push pops. I brought 19 and sold 18, so I was happy about that. The fair overall, though, was a bust... came out barely even. Oh well!

Maria

steffiessweet_sin_sations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steffiessweet_sin_sations Posted 8 Nov 2010 , 5:40am
post #122 of 125

maria, what did u sell them for? i wanted to order some but chickened out bc i was concerned that they wouldnt go over well, and time consuming to make. how long did it take u to make them? if u dont mind me asking i mean.

MariaK38 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaK38 Posted 8 Nov 2010 , 12:00pm
post #123 of 125

hi! I sold them for $2 each and only made them in 2 flavors... chocolate cake/buttercream/mini m&m and funfetti/buttercream/sprinkles. The m&m ones went first... should have made more! icon_smile.gif
It didn't take an amazingly long time to make them, minus cupcake baking time and icing making time, it only took about 30 minutes to put together about 20 of them.
I just made mini cupcakes and split them in half, so there were 2 cupcakes (4 pieces) in each tube with buttercream and toppings on each layer and on the top. I also made sure there was cake on the bottom and not icing... just a personal choice
Good luck to you!

Maria

steffiessweet_sin_sations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steffiessweet_sin_sations Posted 8 Nov 2010 , 5:57pm
post #124 of 125

thanks maria, well thats suprisinly shorter than i expected.....maybe i will have a go at these! LOL icon_smile.gif

Tracyj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tracyj Posted 8 Nov 2010 , 6:08pm
post #125 of 125

Those are precious!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%