Lounge By playingwithsugar Updated 29 Sep 2010 , 2:59pm by TexasSugar

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 1:42am
post #1 of 4

I received an e-mail from the following addy

[email protected]

with the following subject line

USPS Delivery Problem NR160332

When I opened the e-mail it stated that a package I sent had an "erroneous address error" and that I needed to add my contact information to the attached label and send it back to them.

Yeah, right. I receive packages (just ask eBay), I don't send them.

Instead, I called USPS, who told me that this is a phishing letter and that I had to call them back tomorrow and ask for the fraud department.

Geez, even our own post offices are not safe anymore. As if postage isn't high enough, now they're going to have to spend money unnecessarily to investigate this.

If you get one of these e-mails, don't even bother to open it. Just call

1-800-ASK-USPS®
(1-800-275-8777)
M-F - 8:00am-5:30 pm ET
and ask for the fraud department.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

3 replies
campayven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
campayven Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 11:53am
post #2 of 4

At least once a week I have one of these emails in my spam! I opened up the first 3 I had- thinking well I dotn remember mailing anything but it could have been something I purchased and it is having problems getting here since we are overseas. I never thought to even call the PO to let them know so that they could have a heads up

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 1:29pm
post #3 of 4

"Erroneous address error"??? This message obviously came from the Dept. of Redundancy dept.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 2:59pm
post #4 of 4

A good rule of thumb is any email that asks you for personal information is a phishing one. Especially when you haven't provided them with an email address.

Another thing is an 'official' looking email with links that send you to places asking for passwords or such.

This summer when trying to get into my online baking site it was asking me to change my password. Instead of doing some I contacted the bank because I wanted. They told me if I myseld typed in the site address myself that it was save and that the banking website does ask you to change your password now and then. But if you get an email that askes you to do it, don't.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%