What Type Of Buttercream Do You Use?

Decorating By wannabe_cake_maker Updated 27 Sep 2010 , 9:32pm by imagenthatnj

wannabe_cake_maker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wannabe_cake_maker Posted 27 Sep 2010 , 9:07pm
post #1 of 3

Do you use American, IMBC or SMBC. If you use differnt types of buttercream, what type do you use for what kind of occasion.

I tend to use american BC for kids and birthdays but smbc or imbc for anniversaries, weddings etc.

How about you. What recipe do you use?

2 replies
LisaPeps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaPeps Posted 27 Sep 2010 , 9:20pm
post #2 of 3

IMBC all the way.

For me American is too sweet, PS + butter/crisco is too grainy.

I've never had a batch of IMBC go wrong, and I feel it is better for weddings and anniversaries because it eliminates the "Oh I could have done that, cake mix, bit of crisco and some PS.. no problem" mindset.

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 27 Sep 2010 , 9:32pm
post #3 of 3

IMBC. And I want nothing to do with Crisco or powdered sugar in my buttercream.

Quote by @%username% on %date%