Cheesecake Flavored Filling In A Fondant Cake

Decorating By mandirombold Updated 28 Sep 2010 , 1:50am by mandirombold

mandirombold Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandirombold Posted 27 Sep 2010 , 3:35pm
post #1 of 5

I am not sure...I wanted to make a a cheesecake flavored or creamcheesy filling for a spice cake wedding cake but it is covered in fondant and I don't know what to do, I can refridgerate a fondant covered cake so what do I do. even if its buttercream how long can it sit at the hall??? any help would be great.

4 replies
Kimmers971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimmers971 Posted 27 Sep 2010 , 5:09pm
post #2 of 5

You CAN refrigerate a fondant covered cake. When removing it, don't touch the fondant and let it come to room temp - the condensation will evaporate/dry.

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 27 Sep 2010 , 10:11pm
post #3 of 5

You can make a delicious cheesecake flavored filling that can sit at room temp for 5 days using cheesecake flavored pudding and Bettercreme.

I whip the Bettercreme ( I buy the quarts at GFS) to soft peaks. Mix the instant pudding mix w/hot water to form a soft paste. Add in some of the whipped Bettercreme to loosen the paste and then transfer that into the rest of the whipped Bettercreme. Mix on low for 30 seconds to combine well.

It's one of my very favorite flavors. If I can't find instant cheesecake flavored pudding mix, I've also used no-bake cheesecake mix.

HTH
Rae

mandirombold Posted 28 Sep 2010 , 1:40am
post #4 of 5

thanks, list sounds stupid but i have never heard of bettercream, GFS is that Gordon Food Service. I didn't know that they sold to individuals?

mandirombold Posted 28 Sep 2010 , 1:50am
post #5 of 5

I just found a GFS only 25 mins from me! thanks so much

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%