Giant Chocolate Cupcake Liner...help

Sugar Work By online_annie Updated 28 Sep 2010 , 1:48am by Karen421

online_annie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
online_annie Posted 27 Sep 2010 , 10:59am
post #1 of 4

Using the Wilton Giant Cupcake Pan, I have tried using CK Chocolate Melts to create a giant liner. Twice I have been unsuccessful in removing it from the metal pan. I understand many have had great success using Wilton Candy Melts, which I would willingly do in a heart beat if they (the colors I need) were actually available in my area. I have spent a week traveling around trying to locate them. I placed an order with Wilton, however they will not arrive in time. Can anyone tell me if they have had success with any other brand of Chocolate Melts? Or if there is something I can do to the brand that I do have to make it work? Many thanks!

3 replies
noahsmummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noahsmummy Posted 27 Sep 2010 , 11:15am
post #2 of 4

i use a silcon mold when making my liners, however have you thought about maybe lining the mould first with greaseprrof paper? youd have to fiddle around abit and make sure you really get it all into the crease, but i would expect it would be much much easier to remove! hth

CakesbyCarla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyCarla Posted 28 Sep 2010 , 1:41am
post #3 of 4

I saw on Amazing wedding Cakes, Chris Garren did a big cupcake and the way he made the liner was taking a cake board (rectangular one) and folded it back and forth, like you would making a little hand fan with a sheet of paper in a hot auditorium :0)

Then, he laid a sheet of modeling chocolate (or maybe fondant - I can't recall) and shaped it over that so it had that folded/wave to it. Then they let it harden a bit and laid it on in a few sections around the cupcake.

It was last week's episode I believe. Anyway, looked pretty cool. You may want to play around with something like that...

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 28 Sep 2010 , 1:48am
post #4 of 4

Did you stick it in the Fridge for a little bit before you tried to remove the chocolate from the pan?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%