Chocolate Mousse Cake

Decorating By shanney54 Updated 27 Sep 2010 , 4:00pm by Karen421

shanney54 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanney54 Posted 27 Sep 2010 , 10:13am
post #1 of 4

So my dad has asked me to make something for him and my mom. And of course it has to be something that I haven't made before!!! lol I've had them for dessert but not exactly sure how to make one. Before I try to make one is it just chocolate cake with with chocolate mousse filling topped with ganache? I've looked online and that's what it looks like, but I just wanted to make sure before I try one. I wasn't sure if the cake part had a different texture? I've had great results using the chocolate WASC and would rather use something that I know I can make good. KWIM? TIA!!! icon_smile.gif

3 replies
TickleMySweetTooth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TickleMySweetTooth Posted 27 Sep 2010 , 3:55pm
post #2 of 4

I assume it would be the same.. cake is cake. make your favorite chocolate cake recipe.. as far as mousse, I would say use your favorite as well. and a ganache is a ganache. Sorry I don't think that's much help, but not really sure exactly what you are asking lol

TickleMySweetTooth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TickleMySweetTooth Posted 27 Sep 2010 , 3:59pm
post #3 of 4

OH and forgot to add, I've made chocolate mousse cakes 2 ways.. sometimes like a standard cake.. 2 layers cake, and in the middle mousse..then cover in ganache.. And the other way, 1 layers cake on bottom, bake in a 3" pan line whole pan with parchment(or I guess you can use springmold), kinda like how you do with souffle.. then ones cake is cooled fill with mousse.. So when you take out there is a thin cake on bottom topped with lots of mousse.. then cover with ganache. HTH

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 27 Sep 2010 , 4:00pm
post #4 of 4

I am making one today actually. I basically used the durable 3d recipe in Chocolate, made semi-sweet ganache for the crumb coat, and made a chocolate mousse for the filling. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%