Chocolate Transfer

Decorating By gertie0223 Updated 27 Sep 2010 , 4:38am by gertie0223

gertie0223 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gertie0223 Posted 26 Sep 2010 , 6:39am
post #1 of 5

Here on CC, I have seen some cakes that have decorations made out of chocolate transfer. Such as the superman here http://media.cakecentral.com/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/76949/normal_westst_090.jpg

I like that look and wanted to try it myself. However, when searching for chocolate transfer here and on google all I get are results for what appear to be premade image transfer sheets...? I am looking for instructions on how to do this type of homemade design. I'm assuming the technique is similar to doing colorflow. But I was hoping someone would link me to something that maybe describes in detail and exactly what materials I would need to try this out. Thanks - Christy

4 replies
SugarMoon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarMoon Posted 26 Sep 2010 , 6:50am
post #2 of 5

I'm wondering if it's like Frozen Buttercream transfer, except with colored cocoa butter.

Here's the FBCT tutorial:

http://cakecentral.com/articles/73/how-to-create-a-frozen-buttercream-transfer

I've read that people make their own chocolate transfer sheets by painting designs with colored cocoa butter. Then they chill it and slather on the chocolate and chill it again until it hardens.

I've never done any of this, though. I'd look up something along the lines of make your own chocolate transfer on a search engine like google. That's just me, though.

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 26 Sep 2010 , 12:37pm
post #3 of 5
LindaF144a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaF144a Posted 26 Sep 2010 , 2:08pm
post #4 of 5

There is a lot of information here on CC for this. I just did my first one and I got everything I needed to know here. Go to the search page for forums, type in chocolate AND transfer, then select topic title only. You will get a ton of info. CC is broke, so you won't get anything past the first page (hopefully that will get fixed soon), so that is why you need to select topic title only.

gertie0223 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gertie0223 Posted 27 Sep 2010 , 4:38am
post #5 of 5

Thanks everyone! I think I found exactly what I need now.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%