How Much Would You Charge?

Baking By princesscatt Updated 26 Sep 2010 , 4:53pm by DeeDelightful

princesscatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
princesscatt Posted 26 Sep 2010 , 2:01am
post #1 of 7

I'm preparing to do a vendor show next weekend, here is what I'm selling and what I'm going to charge...do you think it's enough?

Sugar Cookies-with fondant and sugar gems - $2

Candy and Caramel Apples in boxes-$5

Cupcakes with little chocoalte shoes and purses on top- $2

Am I selling myself short here?

6 replies
multilayered Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
multilayered Posted 26 Sep 2010 , 2:24am
post #2 of 7

Where do you live...a major city or near one...or a small rural town?

princesscatt Posted 26 Sep 2010 , 11:29am
post #3 of 7

I live in Jersey the show is at a local salon. Teresa from the housewives of NJ is coming to do a book signing and the salon owner is having local vendors there selling stuff and handing out business cards. So it's not a major city but I would not call it rural small town. I will probably know all the girls there. I just want the pricing to be fair. I mean I would pay $5 for an apple but I do not think I would pay more then $2 for one cookie..That is just me though.

Alfiesmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alfiesmom Posted 26 Sep 2010 , 12:11pm
post #4 of 7

i would charge more for the cupcakes, for sure. have 3 different prices: cookies, cupcakes, apples

where in Jersey? Theresa drew a biggggg crowd down here at Deptford. you better have alot on hand. good luck

multilayered Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
multilayered Posted 26 Sep 2010 , 1:53pm
post #5 of 7

I think the cookies and apples are priced well, but I would make the cupcakes $2.50 or $3

princesscatt Posted 26 Sep 2010 , 4:10pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfiesmom

i would charge more for the cupcakes, for sure. have 3 different prices: cookies, cupcakes, apples

where in Jersey? Theresa drew a biggggg crowd down here at Deptford. you better have alot on hand. good luck

Hamilton/Trenton area. The Salon owner is selling tickets for this so I'm thinking there will be at least 100-150 but who knows. I'm going to make 50 cookies, 50 cupcakes and about 50 apples... I don't want to have too many left overs but i don't want to be short either.

DeeDelightful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeeDelightful Posted 26 Sep 2010 , 4:53pm
post #7 of 7

At least $3 for those cupcakes! Closer to the end of the show you can reduce your prices for a quick sale

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%