Tips On Making A Cupcake Cake

Baking By Cargen Updated 26 Sep 2010 , 11:59am by Cargen

Cargen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cargen Posted 26 Sep 2010 , 1:20am
post #1 of 5

I am going to attempt to make my first cupcake cake and decided to see if I could find a tutorial first. I haven't come across anything yet, so was wondering if anyone had any tips or directions for me before I got started. I'm thinking you place them VERY close together and then ice, but I'm sure there is a technique.

Any suggestions or tips anyone has to offer would be very greatly appreciate. Thanks for your time guys! thumbs_up.gif

4 replies
loves2bake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loves2bake Posted 26 Sep 2010 , 2:18am
post #2 of 5

Not sure about a specific listed technique, but I remember seeing a 'Sponge Bob' cupcake cake on here a while back.. you may try searching for it and just pm the baker.. hth

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 26 Sep 2010 , 2:54am
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cargen

I'm thinking you place them VERY close together and then ice, but I'm sure there is a technique.

You're on the right track. It's easy... you really don't need a tutorial for this. For pull-apart cupcake cakes, I recommend just doing what comes natural or easiest for you. If you pipe a generous quick blob of icing on the top of each with a coupler in your pastry bag, spreading it all out with an angled spatula works perfectly.

SweetsbyLadawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetsbyLadawn Posted 26 Sep 2010 , 5:24am
post #4 of 5

You Use/ waste a lot of icing between the cupcakes- FYI add acing to the bottoms of the cupcakes to "glue" them to the board.-- Made a ton of them when i worked at walmart.

Cargen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cargen Posted 26 Sep 2010 , 11:59am
post #5 of 5

Thanks guys... I appreciate all your help. I figured it would wast a lot of icing psysienna1. CWR41, I will try that b/c I was wondering how to get them on each cc. I was just going to use my big tip and do it like I do for a cake, but I couldn't figure out how to do the edges if I did that. Yours sounds easier.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%