Pumpkin Filling?

Decorating By kymscakes Updated 26 Sep 2010 , 2:29pm by Cookie4

kymscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kymscakes Posted 25 Sep 2010 , 10:06pm
post #1 of 9

I have to find a pumpkin filling recipe and I can't seem to find anything, does anyone have any ideas, I was thinking pumpkin cream cheese something but I can't seem to come up with anything. the only other option might be a pudding/whipped cream mousse, I know I have seen pumpkin pudding mix around the holidays before but I haven't noticed it yet, please help!!!
Thanks,
Kym

8 replies
KJ62798 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KJ62798 Posted 25 Sep 2010 , 10:31pm
post #2 of 9

What about the filling you would use in a no-bake pumpkin cheesecake:

8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
8 ounces whipped topping

Edit--the recipe says to beat everything except the whipped topping together and then to fold that in gently.

Kristy

Stacey75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stacey75 Posted 25 Sep 2010 , 10:31pm
post #3 of 9

I would do the pumpkin cream cheese

victoriacakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
victoriacakery Posted 25 Sep 2010 , 10:58pm
post #4 of 9

I've added canned pumpkin and spices to IMBC. It is wonderful! Many people have requested it.

kymscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kymscakes Posted 26 Sep 2010 , 2:01am
post #5 of 9

I have never made IMBC, would both of these recipes be firm, I don't want a runny filling.

LaurenLuLu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaurenLuLu Posted 26 Sep 2010 , 2:09am
post #6 of 9

Scratch pumpkin pudding is easy to make and can be made thick for filling a cake. Basic pudding method (milk/pumpkin/ginger/cinn/sugar cooked on stovetop. In a separate bowl eggs, cornstarch, brown sugar. Pour hot milk into egg mixture while wisking, pour back into pot and cook til thick.Add a little butter & vanilla.).

victoriacakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
victoriacakery Posted 26 Sep 2010 , 1:33pm
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by kymscakes

I have never made IMBC, would both of these recipes be firm, I don't want a runny filling.

IMBC is very firm. Makes a beautiful presentation when cut. There are many recipes here at CC and online. SMBC can also be used. Just a different process. HTH icon_smile.gif

caymancake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caymancake Posted 26 Sep 2010 , 1:41pm
post #8 of 9

I've seen cream cheese and white chocolate flavoured instant puddings. I think if you use one of those flavours (or even a vanilla) and blend it with the pumpkin and some pumpkin pie spice it would come out delicious!

Cookie4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookie4 Posted 26 Sep 2010 , 2:29pm
post #9 of 9

A few days ago I was at WalMart and found a Limited Edition of Smuckers Ice Cream Topping that I just had to have. It's called Pumpkin Spice and was very good. I would either spread directly between the layers or mix as part of the liquid in your buttercream. Actually, I think I'll spread it on toast for breakfast. I just love the flavors of the Holidays! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%