Cake Bites With Alcohol In Them?

Baking By cakesbycathy Updated 25 Sep 2010 , 3:12am by cakesbycathy

cakesbycathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycathy Posted 24 Sep 2010 , 11:26pm
post #1 of 4

Can anyone help? I've tried searching the forums without luck...

I would like to try and make an "adult" cake bite. Normally I take chocolate cake and then use either chocolate ganache or leftover frosting to make them and then dip in chocolate.

What kind of alcohol would I use do you think? And how would I incorporate it into the cake bite? If I baked a cake with the alcohol in the recipe, wouldn't it just evaporate out so to speak?

I did try once using a mudslide mix as the binder, but you really couldn't taste it.

TIA!!

3 replies
LaurenLuLu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaurenLuLu Posted 24 Sep 2010 , 11:28pm
post #2 of 4

simple syrup with alcohol added and brushed onto the cake top before frosting

gingerbreadtogo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gingerbreadtogo Posted 25 Sep 2010 , 1:09am
post #3 of 4

How about if you add your alcohol to the buttercream and use that for your cake bites. I use Bailey's Irish Creme in my buttercream to ice cupcakes or brownies and it is very tasty. I have also added whiskey to ganache and you could definitely taste that. If you add the alcohol to the ganache after the chocolate melts, I wouldn't think the alcohol would evaporate.

cakesbycathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycathy Posted 25 Sep 2010 , 3:12am
post #4 of 4

Oh that's a good idea! I will have to try that!

I was also thinking I could make the cake bite like normal, then dip it in alcohol and then the chocolate, but wonder if the cake ball would fall apart before I got it in the chocolate.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%